Descripción del empleo
We´re looking for a VP of Engineering to become a part of the senior management team, helping to plot the strategic direction of our technical products as well as the overall vision of the company. As the Head of Engineering you will help take the platform to this next stage and guide the technical components. This will include creating the systems and processes that will enable us to effectively manage our development cycles that allow it to distribute a stable app experience as the company continues to build new features.
- Hands-on role with extensive involvement in developing, implementing, operating and enhancing products. The candidate is accountable for the quality of the product delivered.
- Assist in the definition of software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, providing time estimates for programming tasks and implementation plans.
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software features and enhancements.
- Implements the best practices of Agile and DevSecOps to deliver quality products predictably and consistently.
- Work with other leaders in Product, Design and Engineering to ensure engineering initiatives are appropriately represented in planning and in Product roadmaps.
- Detail-oriented individual who can apply AWS “Best Practices” to an existing working environment, work with team members to come up with a plan for improving that environment, and fully implement the plan
- AWS Certified Solution Architect (Associate or Professional) certification. Please provide a badge link so we can verify it is current.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Developer with 6+ years of Software Development experience required.
- At least 1 year of full-time experience with the AWS cloud environment.
- Familiarity with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure tools (IAM, VPC, S3, EC2, Elastic IP, Route 53).
- Strong development experience with Microservices, REST APIs, and GraphQL APIs.
- Good knowledge of web architectural patterns including Serverless Clouds, SSR websites, and OAuth.
- Understanding of web security fundamentals including SSH, HTTPS, OAuth flow, Federated Auth, etc.
- Working knowledge in Linux/Unix environment and Shell scripting.
- Experience provisioning CI/CD pipelines and modifying them.
- Understanding and experience with Object Oriented analysis and design practices (Object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).